Regent Seven Seas Cruises, the world’s leading luxury ocean cruise line, will introduce an extensive menu with more than 200 gourmet plant-based dishes across its fleet beginning October 1, 2019.
The new plant-based cuisine will be offered at breakfast, lunch and dinner to meet the evolving tastes of luxury travelers who are following vegan or vegetarian lifestyles, or strive to enjoy more plant-based fare.
Plant-based dishes will include Wild Mushroom Tart with Brittle Pie Crust, Mushroom Duxelles and Red Pepper Coulis; Falafel Fritters with Harissa Mayo, Cucumber, Mint, and Capers; Spiced Potato and Green Pea Samosas with Tamarind Chutney, and Summer Berry Pudding Chantilly will highlight a range of culinary options, including Italian, Greek, Middle-Eastern, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Mexican, Italian and Malaysian.
Other plant-based highlights include Power Bowls and Poke Bowls, hearty pastas and noodles, light and refreshing salads and soups, and decadent items like an Impossible Cheeseburger, and a Peach and Blueberry Cobbler with Cornmeal-Almond Topping.
“For luxury travelers who are increasingly adding more plant-based meals, we are offering even more imaginative selections of bold, flavorful appetizers, entrees and desserts, with craveable tastes and mouth-watering presentations,” said Jason Montague, president and chief executive officer, Regent Seven Seas Cruises. He added, “Our expanded plant-based cuisine sets the highest benchmark in luxury cruising.”
More than nine of 10 plant-based meals are consumed by people who are not vegans.
Regent’s 200 plant-based dishes will be fully integrated into the daily menus on Regent ships, not on separate menus. The new offerings were developed by Regent’s culinary leadership team under the direction of Bernhard Klotz, Regent’s vice president, food and beverage, in concert with chef, culinary instructor and author Christophe Berg.
“Plant-based cuisine appeals to a broad audience of luxury travelers,” Klotz explained.
“This is an emerging, modern specialty cuisine that allows our guests to enjoy more flavorful foods that are in harmony with their current tastes and pushes the boundaries on Regent’s acclaimed culinary creativity and imagination,” he added.
Plant-based highlights include:
- Chia cashew yoghurt with carrot-hazelnut granola, mixed berries and tropical fruits
- Chickpea pancake with spinach, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and harissa sauce, just like feta
- Banana-oatmeal pancakes with berries and maple syrup
- Avocado toast on rustic farmers’ bread
- Sweet potato soup with miso and ginger
- Tomato bisque with dill
- Roasted almond and vegetable soup
- Vietnamese summer rolls with vegetables, grapefruit, coconut, Boston lettuce, rice paper and roasted peanut dip
- Tajin-spiced hummus and avocado wrap with Boston lettuce, carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and fruit skewer
- Osaka Power Bowl with Soba noodles, eggplant, tofu, sweet potatoes, edamame, Wakame salad, nori and miso sesame dressing
- Mediterranean Bowl with brown rice, Beluga lentils, green peas, cauliflower, tomato, homemade tzatziki, kalamata olives, pita bread and roasted almond-orange dressing
- Falafel Power Bowl with roasted carrots, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, assorted greens, olives, capers, mint, parsley and lemon-tahini dressing
- Green lentil penne pasta, wild mushroom Bolognese with cashews
- “Impossible Burger” on a sesame bun, Just Like Cheddar, lettuce, tomato, onion and skinny fries
- Caramelized apple tart with fresh feta-cashew cheese and balsamic caramel
- Wild mushroom tart with brittle pie crust, mushroom Duxelles and red pepper coulis
- Mulligatawny, traditional Indian red lentil and coconut soup
- Spiced potato and green pea samosas with tamarind chutney
- Baked porcini and Spinach Cannelloni, with toasted hazelnuts, tomato sauce and Béchamel
- Mushroom and spinach crepes, with Béchamel and tomato sauce
- Roasted mushroom stuffed zucchini with quinoa – olive salad, pine nut dressing and yellow pepper coulis
- Singapore Noodles, with stir-fried vegetables, turmeric, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and rice vermicelli
- Green curry vegetable stir fry, with eggplant, oyster mushrooms, cauliflower, green peas and jasmine rice
- Summer Berry Pudding Chantilly
- Basil scented fruit minestrone, lemon sorbet
- Peach and Blueberry Cobbler with cornmeal-almond topping
- Pear Williams and rosemary sorbet
- Lime-vodka sorbet
- Champagne sorbet
I’m the editor and creator of CruiseMaven.com and self-appointed “expert” on cruises, trains and solo travel. By sharing news and reviews plus my cruise and travel experiences, I hope to entertain, inform and inspire you to travel the world without flying. Be sure to enjoy a local meal and a glass of wine along the way.