As of today, Thursday July 23, 2020, Carnival Cruise Line has updated their list of cruise cancellations. With the CDC extending its No Sail Order until October, there’s been another reshuffling of the deck chairs to determine the next round of what cruises to cancel.
Thirteen Carnival cruise ships are affected by these cancellations
This latest round of Carnival cruise cancellations even extends into 2022, as itineraries and deployments change and Carnival sends older ships to the scrapyard.
So far, the cruise line has sold Carnival Fantasy and Carnival Inspiration. Carnival Fascination and Carnival Imagination are in long-term layup.
Carnival Sensation to move from Miami to Mobile
With Carnival Fantasy sold and Carnival Fascination in layup, the port of Mobile was looking at a bleak future. Luckily, it was just announced that Carnival Sensation will take over the Mobile itineraries from the two “lost” ships. Guests who were previously booked on either of the other ships will be moved to Carnival Sensation.
Remaining canceled cruises include:
- All cruises from San Francisco through 2020. Carnival Miracle is expected to begin San Francisco departures in May 2021.
- Carnival Spirit and Carnival Splendor: cruises canceled through October 29, 2020.
- Carnival Legend: cruises canceled through October 30, 2020.
- Carnival Breeze: Fort Lauderdale departures from November 7, 2020 through March 7, 2021.
- Carnival Magic: Miami and Barcelona departures from March 13, 2021 through May 3, 2021.
- Carnival Sensation: cruises on March 3, 2022 and March 7, 2022
- Carnival Radiance: all cruises through November 1, 2020. Plus the 9, 12 and 14-day departures from May 2, 2021 through April 29, 2022 are canceled as well as the shorter, five-day holiday sailings on December 23, 2021 and December 28, 2021.
And finally, the long-anticipated Mardi Gras has seen another round of cancellations. These include November 14, 2020 through January 30, 2021.
If your ship isn’t listed above, assume for now that all unlisted Carnival cruises are canceled through the entire month of September 2020.
Carnival cancellation bonus offers
Carnival will honor this offer for any guests who were previously booked on voyages departing September 30, 2020 or prior and canceled their booking on or after March 6, 2020.
Whether or not you choose a Future Cruise Credit or a refund to your original method of payment, your taxes, fees and port expenses are automatically refunded to your original form of payment.
In addition, you’ll also receive an automatic refund for your Carnival Vacation Protection, and pre-paid gratuities or pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions, plus beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and Fun Shop purchases.
I’m the editor and creator of CruiseMaven.com and self-appointed “expert” on cruises, trains and solo travel. By sharing news and reviews plus my cruise and travel experiences, I hope to entertain, inform and inspire you to travel the world without flying. Be sure to enjoy a local meal and a glass of wine along the way.