Carnival Fascination cruises from San Juan have resumed after the ship received a multi-million dollar refurbishment. Most of the renovations surrounded the addition of Carnival’s most-liked food and beverage outlets.
Before refurbishment, Carnival Fascination was chartered by FEMA to be used as housing for relief workers in St. Croix, following a disastrous 2017 hurricane season.
What’s been added to Carnival Fascination
In the restaurant and lite bites & drinks department, there’s now:
- Guy’s Burger Joint – a complimentary poolside eatery developed in partnership with Guy Fieri serving burgers and fries and loads of toppings.
- RedFrog Rum Bar – a poolside Caribbean-themed bar with refreshing Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s own private label brew, ThirstyFrog Red.
- BlueIguana Cantina – a complimentary poolside Mexican restaurant for authentic freshly made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, as well as an elaborate toppings and salsa bar.
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar – another fun outdoor bar with a relaxed Mexican-themed atmosphere and tequila-based frozen drinks and beers.
- Cherry on Top – Sweet shop with bins of bulk candy, colorful custom apparel and more.
- Alchemy Bar – a vintage-themed cocktail “pharmacy” with mixologists dressed in lab coats.
- Bonsai Sushi Express – an offshoot of Carnival’s popular Bonsai Sushi restaurants.
Carnival Fascination cruises from San Juan every Sunday on seven-night cruises to St. Lucia, Barbados, St. Kitts, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.
For families, Carnival Fascination sports the Seuss at Sea program, an exclusive partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises. Kids and teens programming also include supervised activities for kids in three age groups – Camp Ocean (2-11), Circle “C” (12-14) and Club O2 (15-17) and a WaterWorks aqua park featuring a 300-foot-long Twister slide.
Read next: Carnival Horizon Adds a Taste of Teppanyaki