Carnival’s Faster to the Fun program was cleverly created for excited cruisers who can’t wait to begin their vacation voyage. This optional purchase offers Carnival cruisers a whole host of special features that will, in theory, get you to the fun…faster.
Carnival Faster to the Fun in 2020
Faster to the Fun is a purchased program, similar to buying a shore excursion. Only instead of priced per person, the purchased package applies to everyone in the entire stateroom. And for this year, as well as in 2020, the prices really are pretty reasonable for the features you’ll receive.
To give you an example of the range in prices, Faster to the Fun for a 2-night cruises is $39.95 per stateroom while Faster to the Fun for 3-night cruises are either $39.95 or $49.95 depending on the cruise ship. If you’re going on an 8-night cruise, the cost is $99.95, unless you are going on an 8-night cruise aboard Carnival Horizon. In this case, the cost for Faster to the Fun is $119.95 per stateroom.
There’s a price drop next year on two ships
Carnival announced that beginning in 2020, they will reduce the cost of their Faster to the Fun prices on two of their ships.
The two ships that will see the decrease are the Carnival Conquest and Carnival Ecstasy. Both ships will sail four-night itineraries in 2020 and you’ll pay a reduced fee of $59.95 per stateroom rather than the previous $69.95.
Conversely, Carnival Elation which is also sailing four-night itineraries, will increase its Faster to the Fun program from $59.95 to $69.95 per stateroom.
Ports with Faster to the Fun (FTTF) program
Faster to the Fun program is available through 2020 when leaving from the following home ports: Baltimore, Charleston, Fort Lauderdale, Galveston, Jacksonville, Long Beach, Miami, Mobile, New Orleans, New York, Port Canaveral, San Juan, Seattle and Tampa.
Keep in mind that Faster to the Fun is not offered on Europe cruises, Carnival Journeys, or ships departing from Honolulu, Norfolk or Vancouver.
Faster to the Fun includes:
Priority Security, Check-in and Boarding
There’s a dedicated security and check-in lane for all Priority guests on embarkation day. It’s important to note however, that FTTF guests will board after VIFP Diamond, Platinum and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations. FTTF purchasers do not have access to the Captain’s Lounge. This is reserved for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests who’ve booked deluxe suite accommodations.
First Access to Stateroom
You’ll have access to your fully-ready stateroom as soon as you board.
Faster to the Fun guests will have priority delivery for their luggage to arrive at their stateroom.
Have questions? You’ll have them answered via a dedicated phone extension or use the separate line at Guest Services.
When making priority dinner reservations in the Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurants, FTTF guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests. This benefit does not include specific time reservations for ‘Your Time Dining’.
Water Shuttle Priority
You will have priority water shuttle service from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so you can explore ashore as quickly as you want to. When ready to go ashore, if not on a Carnival shore excursion, present yourself at the Guest Services Desk.
Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.
When it’s time to leave the ship, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time at your homeport.
Faster to the Fun in a Nutshell
- The FTTF price is not per person. One ticket per stateroom covers all occupants of the stateroom, so only one guest needs to purchase and all occupants receive the benefits.
- If you’ve booked multiple cruises (back to back), FTTF must be purchased for each cruise.
- FTTF can only be purchased prior to the cruise; ala carte services cannot be purchased on board.
- This is a capacity controlled program based on the number of VIFP Diamond and Platinum members booked on the sailing. It’s important to purchase FTTF as soon as possible so you don’t lose out on the chance.
- If you complete your Online Check-in before you purchase the FTTF package, you will need to re-print your boarding pass and luggage tags so the FTTF stamp is shown on your documents.
- FTTF guests must select an Arrival Appointment while doing their online check-in.
- VIFP Diamond and Platinum members and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are the only guests to have access to the Captain’s Lounge at embarkation. Sorry FTTF folks.
- Once at the pier, when boarding begins, we will board VIFP Club Diamond guests first, followed by VIFP Club Platinum guests, followed by guests traveling in suites and then Faster to the Fun guests.
Important to Remember: There is a pecking order. Though you’ve purchased Faster to the Fun, you’ll still be outranked for these benefits by VIFP Diamond and Platinum members and guests as well as those who’ve reserved deluxe suite accommodations.
You can purchase Faster to the Fun at Carnival.com Shore Excursions.
I’m the editor and creator of CruiseMaven.com, a solo traveler cruising the world on waves and wheels, collecting recipes along the way. I hope my articles and photos entertain, advise and inspire you to travel the world without flying. Take a breath…stop for a local meal and a glass of wine along the way.