Carnival Cruise Line catches the culinary craze.
When the Carnival Breeze begins her first season this June, there will be two new restaurants in addition to the already successful dining venues that currently are big hits on the Carnival Magic and most of the ships in the fleet.
The new sushi restaurant, Bonsai Sushi, will be Carnival’s first full-service sushi restaurant. Bonsai Sushi will offer a wide variety of Asian-inspired delicacies with a contemporary decor. Located along Promenade Deck, Bonsai Sushi includes a number of varieties of sushi, sashimi, and rolls along with bento boxes and the venue’s own interpretation of a sushi boat – in this case, a sushi “ship” – with prices ranging from $1 for appetizer-sized portions to $15 for a sushi ship for two.
Fat Jimmy’s C-Side BBQ, also located on the Promenade but of course outside , will be modeled after a typical backyard barbeque. Jimmy’s C-side BBQ will offer an array of grilled favorites, including barbecued chicken breast, kielbasa, Italian sausage, and Fat Jimmy’s signature item, pulled pork sandwiches, along with traditional sides like baked beans, potato salad, coleslaw and mini-corn muffins.
Also on the list is Sea Dogs, a hot dog-shaped cart within the SportSquare outdoor recreation area offering all-beef franks and traditional toppings, scheduled for November.
Here’s the list of more fun, delicious and innovative dining venues for the Carnival Breeze:
- Guy’s Burger Joint – fresh-made burgers, hand-cut fries and innovative toppings created in partnership with Food Network personality Guy Fieri.
- BlueIguana Cantina – offering authentic tacos and burritos that can be personalized by diners at an extensive salsa and toppings bar.
- Fahrenheit 555 – a classic American steakhouse offering mouth-watering steaks and other gourmet fare with impeccable service. At this time, the surcharge is $30 per person.
- Cucina del Capitano – a family-style restaurant reminiscent of a cozy Italian home with dishes such as Piatto della Nonna, inspired by the grandma of Carnival Breeze Captain Vincenzo Alcaras with penne pasta, crispy shrimp and prosciutto in a vodka cream sauce (venue will serve as a free lunch-time pasta bar during the day with a nominal charge for dinner).
- Lido Marketplace – a casual poolside eatery offering an array of international favorites, from paninis and 24-hour pizza to Indian Tandoori and a Mongolian Wok station and just about everything in between.
- “The Comfort Kitchen” – new venue located within Lido Marketplace offering American-style “comfort food.”
- Ocean Plaza – an indoor/outdoor café serving cappuccinos, lattes, and espressos as well as pastries and other confections.
- RedFrog Pub – an island-themed pub where guests can nosh on Caribbean-inspired fare while soaking up the distinct British-West-Indies-meets-Key-West ambiance.
- Serenity – salads, sandwiches, wraps and other light fare available at the ship’s exclusive adults-only retreat.
- The Taste Bar – complimentary bite-size offerings inspired by popular Carnival dining venues, along with a signature cocktail tied to that eatery’s particular theme available for purchase.