Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Royal Caribbean cruise ship shuffle includes Oasis of the Seas.
It seemed like forever until an Oasis-class ship would homeport at Port Canaveral. Then the official word came in: Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas will move to a new home at Port Canaveral. Finally! A Royal Caribbean mega ship at Port Canaveral. Cruisers living in Atlanta and New Orleans are excited, too, because they are only an 8-10 hour drive to Port Canaveral. The returns are far-reaching.
- Oasis of the Seas Kids Aqua Park
November 5, 2016 is the big day when the 220,000 mega-ship Oasis of the Seas arrives into Port Canaveral. From there, the Oasis will cruise alternating seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries. Oasis of the Seas will cruise year-round from Port Canaveral until at least the end of April 2018, according to the Royal Caribbean website.
- Seven-night Eastern Caribbean itinerary, Oasis visits Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.
- Seven-night western itinerary calls at Labadee (private beach in Haiti), Falmouth-Jamaica and Cozumel-Mexico.
- An eight-night western Caribbean cruise over Christmas is planned with port calls at Labadee, Falmouth, Costa Maya and Cozumel.
- For New Years 2016-17, Oasis of the Seas has an eight-night eastern Caribbean cruise departing Port Canaveral on Dec. 31 with stops at St. Kitts, St. Maarten, Puerto Rico and Labadee.
For shorter getaways, the Majesty of the Seas will cruise three- and four-night Bahamas itineraries. However, when the Oasis arrives at Port Canaveral, long-time favorite, the Freedom of the Seas, will be shuffled off to Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale.
With all the port improvements and family things to do in Port Canaveral, you’ll want to add at least 2 days before or after your cruise.
By November 2016, Royal Caribbean will have two ships at Port Canaveral; the Oasis of the Seas, and the Majesty of the Seas . After seven years of waiting, we’re finally getting an Oasis-class ship on the Space Coast.