New Carnival Vista restaurants and bars feature a global mélange of tastes and flavors.
I was excited to learn that one of my favorite Carnival restaurants would be added to the new Carnival Vista; Ji Ji Asian Kitchen. I first tried Ji Ji aboard the “new” Carnival Sunshine and was totally impressed. And there’s more!
- One of many appetizers at JiJi Asian Kitchen. The condiments are for the “crackers.”
Also included on the new Carnival Vista is another of my favorites; Bonsai Sushi. How can a cruise line offer excellent sushi and other options? I don’t know…but Bonsai Sushi was better than anything I’ve had back in Florida. And new to the menu are cooked-to-order entrées and a variety of noodle bowls plus outdoor seating.
Did I mention there’s a brewery onboard? In collaboration with Miami’s Concrete Beach Brewery, it’s the Redfrog Pub and Brewery where they’ll be crafting three original Caribbean-themed beers right on board.
I’ll cut to the chase. Here is the list of a multitude of dining venues and bars featured on Carnival Vista:
- BlueIguana Cantina – Stop by the BlueIguana Cantina for breakfast or lunch for authentic tacos and made-to-order burritos. Don’t miss the extensive salsa and toppings bar.
- Bonsai Sushi — As I mentioned above, Bonsai Sushi on the new Carnival Vista now offers Shrimp Tempura, Chicken Katsu, Omakase (Chef’s Choice) and noodle bowls, in addition to their excellent sushi, sashimi and bento boxes. Still hungry? Order the Green Tea Cupcakes!
- Cherry on Top — Cherry on Top will satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth. From bulk candy to ice cream favorites.
- Cucina del Capitano — Cucina del Capitano is your neighborhood, family-style Italian restaurant.
- Fahrenheit 555 — Carnival’s classic steakhouse offers more than just great steaks. From the Lobster Bisque or Grilled Portabello appetizer to spice-rubbed prime rib and a grilled fish fillet, there’s something for the meat lover and vegetarian.
- Guy’s Burger Joint — Need I say more about Guy’s? The lines move quickly at what is possibly the most popular eatery at sea.
- Havana Bar — Besides mojitos and Cuba Libres there’s also a bar menu. Choose from Sabor de Habana, a sampler plate, to ceviche de mariscos, ropa vieja and pan con bistec, for a little bit of Cuba at sea.
- JavaBlue Café — JavaBlue Café serves hot and cold drinks with a fun twist. Guests also can enjoy sweet treats and comfort snacks.
- Ji Ji Asian Kitchen — Truly Asian fusion at it’s finest. Ji Ji’s menu features a mix of exotic and familiar dishes from across Asia.
- Pizzeria del Capitano — Pizza Pizza 24-hours a day. Hand-tossed and complimentary.
- Lido Marketplace — Stroll through the Marketplace for a choice of international favorites, sandwich-style.
- Ocean Plaza — An indoor/outdoor café serving cappuccinos, lattes, and espressos plus pastries and other sweet treats.
- RedFrog Pub & Brewery — Beer, bites and live music conspire for one heck of a fun venue.
- Seafood Shack – Only aboard Carnival Vista, the Seafood Shack features traditional East Coast favorites like New England clam chowder, lobster rolls, crab cake sliders and fried clam strips served by the bucket.
- Serenity — The adults-only retreat offers healthy, lighter fare.
- Shake Spot — Sip hand-crafted classic milk shakes, fruit-flavored treats. Alcohol optional.
- The Chef’s Table — An exclusive dining experience for only 14 guests each night beginning with cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. A tour of the working galley precedes a three-course gourmet dinner hosted by one of the ship’s master chefs.
- The Taste Bar — A fun little spot to visit for a complimentary bite-size taste of what is served in various Carnival restaurants.
- American Table/American Feast – Main dining rooms offer your choice of appetizers, side dishes, entrees and desserts, as well as shareable, truly American menu items, for the table, .
Carnival Vista departed on May 1, 2016 an inaugural 13-day Mediterranean voyage and will spend summer and early autumn cruising throughout Europe.
Carnival Vista cruises year-round from Miami for a variety of Caribbean cruises.
PIN THIS FOR LATER!
I’m the editor and creator of CruiseMaven.com, a solo traveler cruising the world on waves and wheels, collecting recipes along the way. I hope my articles and photos entertain, advise and inspire you to travel the world without flying. Take a breath…stop for a local meal and a glass of wine along the way.