Viking Cruises announced details for their World Cruise itinerary taking place aboard its newest ship in 2023. The ninth Viking ocean ship, Viking Neptune, will set out on a 138-day global adventure at the end of 2023.
Viking Neptune World Cruise Details
Viking’s new 2023-2024 World Cruise will visit 28 countries and stop at 57 ports. In response to passenger requests for longer stays, Viking Neptune will overnight in 11 cities allowing more time to absorb some of the local culture.
On December 23, 2023, the 930-passenger Viking Neptune will set sail from Ft. Lauderdale. From there, the ship will sail to Cozumel, Mexico and Cartagena, Colombia before transiting through the Panama Canal and into the Pacific Ocean.
After several ports on the west coast of Central America and Mexico, the ship reaches Los Angeles. Boarding for a shorter 121-day voyage is also possible from Los Angeles.
Then it’s across the Pacific to Hawai’i, Australia and New Zealand and onto Asia and the Middle East. After passing through the Suez Canal and the Mediterranean, Viking Neptune’s journey comes to an end in London.
RELATED: Viking Neptune Float-Out Ceremony in Italy
Viking World Cruise Overnight Stays
As mentioned at the beginning, Viking Neptune will visit 58 ports in total. Out of those 58, there will be one-night overnight stays in Sydney, Haifa, Istanbul, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and London. But there will be two-night stays in:
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- Yangon, Myanmar (formerly Burma)
During the voyage, there will be cultural enrichment presented at onboard lectures and entertainment. The Viking Resident Historian program provides guests with historical and cultural education relative to the destinations.
READ NEXT: Viking Star Detailed Stateroom Review
Viking Neptune World Cruise Highlights for 2023 – 2024
- Kauai, Hawaii: Take a scenic drive to Wailua, known as the “Land of the Kings,” to view the 150-foot high ʻŌpaekaʻa Falls, visit Nawilliwilli’s Old Town and stroll along the beach. Shopping is available at nearby Anchor Cove.
- Sydney, Australia: Sail into the world’s largest harbor in Sydney, knowing you will have an overnight stay with plenty of time to explore the iconic Sydney Opera House to heading out of town to see the nearby Blue Mountains.
- Singapore: Spend an overnight in this unique city-state. Tour the city’s diverse neighborhoods, from Little India to Arab Street. Experience a Night Safari at the world’s first nocturnal wildlife park.
- Mumbai, India: Once named Bombay and home to Mahatma Gandhi, you can tour the picturesque narrow streets of Old Mumbai or browse through the colorful markets in the city’s center.
- Istanbul, Turkey: An overnight stay in Istanbul gives you a little more time to immerse yourself in this ancient city. See the Blue Mosque or legendary Hagia Sophia, stop for amazing local cuisine and of course no visit to Istanbul would be complete without a look at the famous bazaar.
- London, England: Your ship ends the world cruise as it meanders along the Thames River to Greenwich, a stone’s throw from London’s major sights and shopping. Be sure to see the Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace and St. Paul’s Cathedral.
Viking Neptune Details
Viking’s newest ship, like the other eight Viking Ocean ships in the fleet, have a gross tonnage of 47,800 tons, and 465 staterooms that can accommodate 930 guests. All staterooms have a private veranda, heated bathroom floors and Wifi is complimentary.
All the ships feature minimalist Scandinavian design and helps create a feeling of openness. The Spa has all the typical spa features and amenities plus a Snow room where actual snow filters down through chilled air in the ceiling.
Reservations are now open for the Viking Neptune 2023-2024 World Cruise.
I’m the editor and creator of CruiseMaven.com, a solo traveler cruising the world on waves and wheels, collecting recipes along the way. I hope my articles and photos entertain, advise and inspire you to travel the world without flying. Take a breath…stop for a local meal and a glass of wine along the way.
Sherry Laskin says
Thank you for reading my article and taking the time to write. My suggestion to you would be to either find a cruise-oriented travel agent or contact Viking. I’m sure they could send or provide to you all the info to answer your questions. It sounds like a fabulous cruise! Thank you again.
Shauna Smith says
I would like information about Viking’s 2022-23 World cruise and the Viking Horizon cruise, 2023. Thank you!
Sherry Laskin says
Hi, thank you for reading my article. I have forwarded your email to Viking. I hope you have a fabulous World Cruise!
Keith Howey says
I would like a brochure and rates for the 22-23 world cruise please.