Less than six months until the Norwegian Encore debuts in Miami and Norwegian Cruise Line revealed details on the Norwegian Encore’s line-up of restaurants, bars and lounges. The new ship will be Norwegian’s fourth Breakaway Plus class ship.
In the past weeks, Norwegian Cruise Line released a preview of their high-energy attractions like the top-deck race track that will extend 13-feet over the edge of the ship. Also out of the bag is the addition of the largest open-air laser tag course at sea.
Here’s what we know so far about Norwegian Encore restaurant venues, bars and lounges.
Norwegian Encore dining venues
Headlining the list of new restaurants is Onda by Scarpetta. Scarpetta is an award-winning Italian restaurant based in Miami and Onda (Italian for “wave”) is the signature restaurant’s first cruise ship venture.
Norwegian Encore Dining Venues
In addition to the debut of Onda by Scarpetta, Norwegian Encore will include the most popular restaurants from the Breakaway Plus class.
From Norwegian Bliss:
- Q – Introduced on sister ship, Norwegian Bliss, Q serves authentic Texas smoked BBQ dishes
- Los Lobos – features premium Mexican cuisine
- The Local Bar and Grill – serves pub fare and is open 24-hours
- Coco’s – the place for sweets and chocolates
- American Diner – dishes up great American comfort food
From Norwegian Escape
- Food Republic – a fusion of Mediterranean, Asias, and Central European cuisine
As on other Norwegian ships post-refurbishment, Norwegian Encore will also feature a full-service Starbucks® licensed store, serving their variety of coffee beverages, pastries, and retail items.
Back by popular demand
- Cagney’s Steakhouse, – featuring choice cuts of Hartley Ranch Premium Black Angus Beef
- Le Bistro – with fine French cuisine
- Ocean Blue – for fresh seafood creations
- Teppanyaki – community seating at Norwegian’s insanely popular Hibachi grill
- Dolce Gelato – scooping premium ice cream
- The Bake Shop – French-style bakery with macarons, bonbons, and cupcakes
Main dining areas (remember, no fixed seating times)
- The Manhattan Room
- Garden Café Buffet
- The Haven Restaurant – Private dining room for guests staying in The Haven suites
Norwegian Encore Bars & Lounges
Norwegian Encore will feature the most popular Breakaway Plus class’ bars and lounges. From Norwegian Bliss will be The A-List Bar, named in honor of Norwegian Cruise Line president, Andy Stuart.
Plus These Signature Bars
- The Cellars – A Michael Mondavi Family Wine Bar with a curated wine list
- Maltings Whiskey Bar – featuring premium top spirits
- Sugarcane Mojito Bar – pouring creative rum cocktails the new
- Vibe Beach Club – a two-story venue on decks 19 and 20
- The District Brew House – serving 24 beers on tap, including those from local Miami brewery, Wynwood Brewery and 50+ bottled beers from around the world.
Norwegian Encore Night Clubs & Late-Night Entertainment
- The Cavern Club, a live Beatles tribute band
- Social Comedy and Night Club – a late-night bar and lounge plus entertainment and featuring the show, “Happy Hour Prohibition: The Musical”, serving a selection of Prohibition Era specialty cocktails during the show.
The Waterfront on Norwegian Encore
As on other new Norwegian Cruise Line ships, The Waterfront is a quarter-mile-long promenade around the ship. Along Norwegian Encore’s The Waterfront will be outdoor dining and lounges aimed to give guests a closer view of the sea.
While not all dining venues can be included, those that will have The Waterfront seating are Onda by Scarpetta, Cagney’s Steakhouse, Los Lobos, The Cavern Club, Dolce Gelato Sugarcane Mojito Bar and Ocean Blue.
Norwegian Encore Itineraries
As I mentioned, Norwegian Encore will homeport in Miami beginning late November 2019. The ship will depart every Sunday on seven-night cruises to the Eastern Caribbean.
The first cruise is departs Miami on November 17, 2019 and continues through April 19, 2020. When the ship’s Caribbean season ends, it will reposition to New York City for summer cruises to Bermuda through November 22, 2020.
I’m the editor and creator of CruiseMaven.com and self-appointed “expert” on cruises, trains and solo travel. By sharing news and reviews plus my cruise and travel experiences, I hope to entertain, inform and inspire you to travel the world without flying. Be sure to enjoy a local meal and a glass of wine along the way.