Norwegian Cruise Line cancels more cruises, as other cruise lines aggressively push to restart cruises with or without requiring vaccinations.
In addition, Norwegian has made a last-minute change of ships for their late-summer Alaska cruises. Norwegian Bliss was originally scheduled to cruise from Seattle round-trip through Alaska’s Inside Passage. Instead, Norwegian Encore will take over the route.
With Norwegian Encore taking over Alaska cruises for Norwegian Bliss, October 24, 2021 will see Bliss repositioned to Los Angeles for Mexican Riviera cruises. The new Alaska cruises aboard Encore will visit Juneau, Ketchikan, Icy Strait Point and Skagway.
Cruising days will include a slow meander through Endicott Arm to view Dawes Glacier or instead, spend a day at Glacier Bay.
Norwegian Cancels Cruises on Five Ships
While Norwegian uses the word, “Suspends”, it’s the same as canceled. Here’s the latest round of canceled cruise departures.
- Pride of America: Cruises canceled through November 20, 2021. This is the cruise line’s ship that’s based in Hawai’i.
- Norwegian Dawn: Will resume Caribbean cruises at the end of November – November 21, 2021
- Norwegian Joy: Scheduled to depart from Miami on 7-night Caribbean cruises on November 20, 2021.
- Norwegian Sky: Later then expected, this ship will resume cruises from Miami on January 24, 2022
- Norwegian Star: Expected to sail from Buenos Aires on 14-night South America itineraries beginning mid-January, 2022
What to Do if Your Norwegian Cruise Was Canceled
Guests with active reservations on a canceled cruise will automatically receive a refund of their cruise fare by August 18th, 2021.
Plus, a 10% off coupon will be automatically added to the account, unless the guest has already received one for a previously cancelled sailing or an account that currently has a 10% coupon.
If the reservation was paid via a previously issued Future Cruise Credit, the full value of the FCC used will be automatically be re-applied to the Latitudes account within 7 days.
I’m the editor and creator of CruiseMaven.com, a solo traveler cruising the USA and Europe on land and sea. Always looking for new vistas, local food and wine. I hope my articles and photos entertain, advise and inspire you to savor and travel the world without flying.