Attention curious cruisers who prefer to travel in the lap of luxury. Regent Seven Seas Cruises, yes, it’s the ultra-luxe cruise line that started complimentary shore excursions, has added two new shore excursion concepts. Called “Go Local Tours” and “Regent Choice small group tours” as you can guess, you don’t travel with a motor coach full of cruisers. They’re small tours, perfect for curious cruisers who want a more personalized experience.
Go Local Tours
If a day at a family-owned goat farm in the countryside of Andalusia where you learn to make cheese or fishing with a family in picturesque Portofino sounds like a good time, this is what you can expect. Up-close and personal experiences to put you into the destination, not just passing through it.
It took Regent seven months to tailor 122 local small group shore excursions. Of those, nearly 50 are included in the free unlimited shore excursion options.
Go Local Tours are available on 2019 Mediterranean and Northern Europe voyages. They are also offered on Regent’s 2019 voyages that visit Buenos Aires, Argentina, and Montevideo, Uruguay.
Examples of Go Local Tours
- Spend time and watch artists working in their studios in Palma de Mallorca, Spain.
- Visit the mountain village of Alfarnate, in the province of Málaga in Andalusia. Here, a local guide escorts guests through the village shops to meet the local artisans. The next stop is the nearby town of Alfarnatejo, to an ancient, restored house, to sip a glass of local wine before a host escorts guests to their own home for a traditional Spanish lunch and an introduction to Spain’s gastronomical culture.
Read More: Dine al fresco under the stars on a Regent cruise
- In Finland, explore downtown Helsinki. Begin with a visit to the a local food market and sample a variety of local fish, meat, and cheeses. Next, hop on a local tram toward Kamppi Center to visit two famous Finnish supermarkets. Following a typical Finnish snack, the tour ends with a relaxing walk through Kaivopuisto Park, the oldest and best-known park in Helsinki.
- While in Greece stop in at the Monastery of Agia Irini just south of Heraklion, one of the oldest in Greece. The nuns offer you a snack of traditional home-baked sweets. In the village of Kroussonas meet Stivania, a Cretan boot maker and then tour the oldest bakery in the village. Next, try folk dance lessons. Later, you’ll be treated to olive oil and wine tastings, and a demonstration in Cretan weaving. A traditional Cretan lunch will be served at the end of the tour.Regent Choice small group tours.
Regent Choice Small Group Tours
- Regent Choice small group shore excursions are smaller versions of the cruise line’s existing free unlimited shore excursions and Regent Choice tours. For a small fee, you’ll tour with no more than 16 guests. Regent Choice small group shore excursions include food and wine, art, architecture, and access to UNESCO World Heritage Sites. In 2019, nearly 250 excursions in the Mediterranean and Northern Europe voyages are available as Regent Choice small group tours.
Reservations are open for booking. If you’ve already booked your Regent cruise or are considering a huge step up to luxury, don’t wait too long to reserve either the Go Local Tours or the Regent Choice tours. Visit Regent and check out what’s available.