It wasn’t that long ago that Holland America announced cancellations for all Alaska, Europe and Canada/New England cruises for 2020. Now Holland America cancels all Vancouver departures for the rest of this year and into 2021.
Canceled Cruises from Vancouver
The newly canceled cruises from Vancouver include Panama Canal full transits, Hawai’i roundtrip cruises, Pacific Coastal and South America. Six Holland America ships are affected by the cancellation and include: Eurodam, Koningsdam, Maasdam, Noordam, Volendam and Westerdam.
- Panama Canal 22-day transit from Vancouver to Ft. Lauderdale departing on September 26, 2020
- Pacific Northwest seven-day cruise from Vancouver to San Diego, California, September 26, 2020.
- Circle Hawai’i cruises, roundtrip from San Diego, departing Jan. 16 and Feb. 2, 2021.
- Mexico and Sea of Cortez 16-days from Vancouver to San Diego scheduled to depart on Sept. 21, 2020.
- Pacific repositioning crossing, 14-days from Vancouver to Yokohama, Japan on Sept. 27, 2020.
- Pacific Northwest and coastal cruises departing from Vancouver on Sept. 30, Oct. 3 and Oct. 10, 2020.
- Circle Hawai’i 17-day roundtrip cruise from Vancouver departing on Sept. 20, 2020.
- Inca Discovery 23-day cruise from Vancouver to Santiago, Chile on Oct. 7, 2020.
Holland America also cancels the shorter segment cruises within these longer voyages.
What to do if Holland America cancels your cruise
If you are booked on any of these cruises and do nothing, you will automatically receive a Future Cruise Credit. If you already paid in full, you’ll receive a 125% FCC on the amount of the base cruise fare that you paid.
For those who have only paid their deposit, Holland America will give you a Future Cruise Credit of double the amount of your paid deposit.
How to Use Your Holland America Future Cruise Credits
Your Future Cruise Credit is valid for 12 months from the date of issue. It can be applied to cruises that depart through December 31, 2022. Any other funds that were paid, for example for a shore excursion or drink package, can be transferred to a new booking.
How to get a refund for your cruise
Those who would like a full refund should go to Holland America’s website and complete the Cancellation Preferences form. This must be done before July 15, 2020.
Related Articles on Cruise Maven:
I’m the editor and creator of CruiseMaven.com, a solo traveler cruising the world on waves and wheels, collecting recipes along the way. I hope my articles and photos entertain, advise and inspire you to travel the world without flying. Take a breath…stop for a local meal and a glass of wine along the way.
Leave a Reply