After two-plus years’ absence, Carnival just announced that the 2,124-passenger Carnival Legend will spend the summer and fall seasons of 2020 cruising in Europe.
It’s not easy to find a transatlantic cruise with this awesome of an itinerary. I should know…I’ve done 20 transatlantic crossings so far and none included Iceland. What’s really exciting for me, this 16-day transatlantic itinerary for Carnival Legend from New York includes Iceland, Greenland and Northern Ireland.
All totaled, Carnival Legend will offer nine- to 16-day cruises beginning on June 3, 2020 for the transatlantic and ending with the westbound crossing on October 30, 2020. During the entire Europe season, the ship will stop at 34 ports in 14 countries, many ports with late-night departures.
Carnival Legend Europe Itineraries
Here’s the rundown on Carnival Legend Europe cruises:
- A 16-day Northern trans-Atlantic crossing from New York to London (Dover) June 3-19, featuring day-long visits to these spectacular destinations: Qaqortoq, Greenland; Reykjavik, Iceland; Lerwick, Shetland Islands; Belfast, Northern Ireland; and Cork (Cobh), Ireland.
- A nine-day Norwegian Fjords cruise round-trip from London June 19-28, visiting six scenic Norwegian ports: Bergen, Olden, Molde, Trondheim, Alesund, and Stavanger, with ample opportunities to view the majestic Norwegian fjords.
- A nine-day Western Europe cruise June 28 – July 7 from London to Barcelona, visiting Le Havre (Paris), France; La Coruña, Spain; Leixoes and Lisbon, Portugal; Gibraltar; and Malaga, Spain.
- Nine- to 12-day Mediterranean cruises between Venice and Barcelona with stops at some of Europe’s most beautiful and sought-after destinations, including Marseilles, France; Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Rome (Civitavecchia) and Naples, Italy; Kotor, Montenegro; Corfu, Greece; Valletta, Malta; and Dubrovnik and Rijeka, Croatia.
- A 16-day trans-Atlantic crossing from Barcelona to Tampa Oct. 30 – Nov. 15, highlighted by visits to Malaga, Spain; Funchal (Madeira), Portugal; Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands; Antigua; San Juan; and Amber Cove (Dominican Republic)
More from Carnival Legend before Europe
Before leaving for Europe, Carnival Legend has a 13-day Carnival Journeys Panama Canal cruise from Tampa to New York departing on May 3-16, 2020. Ports will include Cozumel, Mexico and Limon, Costa Rica followed with a partial Panama Canal transit. From Panama, Carnival Legend heads to Cartagena, Colombia; Aruba; and Grand Turk before arriving into New York.
Then from New York, there are two nine-day Caribbean sailings; one on May 16 and then May 25, 2020. Ports on these cruises include San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Grand Turk.
I’m the editor and creator of CruiseMaven.com, a solo traveler cruising the world on waves and wheels. I hope my articles and photos entertain, advise and inspire you to travel the world without flying. Take a breath… stop for a meal and a glass of wine along the way.