Carnival room service gets a price tag
Carnival has just announced that beginning mid-January, 2019, they will no longer offer complimentary room service. The change will be across the fleet, with an expanded à la carte menu.
Carnival’s website states, “A wide variety of menu items will be available with a nominal cost ranging from $2 to $5 per item. Charges apply to lunch, dinner and late-night menu items… ”
Here’s a sample of Carnival’s new room service menu:
- Salads – $3.00; add grilled chicken for an additional $2.00
- Sandwiches – $4.00 – from a tuna salad sandwich to PBJ or a corned beef reuben, it also includes a side of potato salad, coleslaw, potato chips or pretzels
- Chicken Quesadilla – $5.00
- Firecracker Shrimp – $6.00 (the most expensive item on the menu)
- Side of Sweet Potato Fries – $3.00
- Old Fashioned Banana Split – $4.00
- Pot of Coffee or Tea – $3.00
- Pizza- $5.00 – baked to order with choice of toppings
Carnival room service doesn’t really have any dinner-type offerings. As you can see, it’s really mostly lighter fare. But if you’re craving room service some night, it’s what’s for dinner. Personally, if I’m going to spend money on room service, I’d just as easily head over to Bonsai Sushi. No kidding, the last time I was there, it was some of the best sushi I’ve had at sea on mainstream cruise lines.
Luckily, for those of us that look forward to our morning coffee and croissant delivery, complimentary Continental breakfast will continue to be available. Despite the extra cost, please remember to tip your room service delivery person. Check out the continental breakfast menu.
I’m the editor and creator of CruiseMaven.com, a solo traveler cruising the world on waves and wheels, collecting recipes along the way. I hope my articles and photos entertain, advise and inspire you to travel the world without flying. Take a breath…stop for a local meal and a glass of wine along the way.