Viking Cruises announced its most ambitious world cruise event with the new Ultimate World Cruise, which will span 245 days, six continents, 59 countries and 113 ports, with 22 port overnights and a full circumnavigation of the globe – making it the longest-ever continuous world cruise itinerary.
The mega-voyage aboard the 930-passenger Viking Sun will depart from London on August 31, 2019 and will be Viking’s third world cruise. If 245 days is too long for you to be away, there are two shorter options available.
Instead of 245-day world cruise, guests can choose to cruise Viking Sun on either a 127-day sailing from London to Los Angeles or a 119-day voyage from Los Angeles to London. The first shorter option will visit 33 countries and 61 ports while the second 119-day cruise visits 29 countries and 55 ports.
All guests, no matter which voyage they choose, will receive a complimentary shore excursion in each port and free unlimited Wi-Fi. Plus Business Class airfare and all gratuities and service fees.
Viking Sun Ultimate World Cruise Highlights
- Greenwich: Dock right in Greenwich, London for easy access to London’s major sights, including the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace.
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: The ship will overnight in Rio to give guests the chance to see the mountaintop Christ the Redeemer statue or head to the famous beaches at Copacabana or Ipanema.
- Ushuaia, Argentina: The city at the bottom tip of South America
- Hobart, Tasmania: The capitol of Australia’s island state of Tasmania
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam: Visit the Cu Chi Tunnels, the War Remnants Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, and the Reunification Palace.
- Mumbai, India: Formerly Bombay, Mumbai offers the chance to learn more about Gandhi at his namesake museum and visit the Hanging Gardens.
- Luxor, Egypt: The site of the Egyptian city of Thebes, Luxor is the starting point for ancient sites, including the Temple of Karnak and the Valley of the Kings & Valley of the Queens, which house the tombs of the Pharaohs and their wives.
- New ports: Roseau, Dominica in the Caribbean, two ports in Chile, three ports in Peru, and a visit to Quito, Ecuador and Panama City, Panama.
Read about Viking Sun 2018 World Cruise
Complete details on the Ultimate World Cruise can be found on Viking’s website.