Princess Cruises announced their most significant beverage changes in the line’s history. The new Princess beverage menu will feature globally inspired signature cocktails created by master mixologist Rob Floyd. Destination-specific ingredients have been carefully selected with flavors from around the world. In addition to the new cocktails, the line has added 20 new high-end and exotic spirits, 39 new wines by the glass, and 17 new international and craft beers to the new menu.
One of the highlights of the new Princess beverage menu is a set of signature cocktails created by Rob Floyd, using fresh ingredients and inspired by Princess Cruises’ destinations. An entire portfolio of these original cocktails was designed for Princess’ new beverage offerings.
Bars and lounges throughout the ships will also feature new, themed menus, with different offerings at each of the bars.
“I was truly inspired by ingredients from all the amazing destinations that Princess Cruises sails” said Rob Floyd. “Guests will be able to enjoy a wide selection of fully realized drinks that combine what I refer to as the Three T’s: taste, technique, and tale.”
Floyd believes in creating drinks that adhere to his three “T’s”; “Taste,” “Technique,” and “Tale;” – the stories and inspiration behind each cocktail.
The globally designed cocktails by Rob Floyd include:
- Mayan Heat: Patrón Silver tequila, Triple Sec, lime juice, agave syrup, muddled jalapeño
- Italian Sunset: Aperol, Bombay Sapphire gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, Angostura bitters
- Ver-Jus: St. George “Terroir” gin, St-Germain, muddled green grapes, lemon juice, simple syrup
- Mint Divine: Bombay Sapphire gin, ginger beer, cucumber, lime juice, simple syrup, fresh mint
- Amaretto Manhattan: Bulleit Bourbon, Disaronno, sweet vermouth, Angostura orange bitters
- Princess Punch: Absolut Elyx vodka, St. George raspberry liqueur, fresh lime, simple syrup, Gosling’s ginger beer
- East Side Punch: Absolut Elyx vodka, fresh mint, cucumber, lime juice, simple syrup, club soda
- A Trip to the Tropics: Absolut Elyx vodka, apricot liqueur, orange juice, pineapple juice, pomegranate juice
- Ivory Coast: Grey Goose vodka, Amarula African liqueur, Kahlúa, chocolate shavings
- The Egyptian Zombie: Bacardi Superior rum, Gosling’s Dark rum, blackberry brandy, sweet and sour, orange juice, pineapple juice, grenadine
Rounding out the new drinks are two non-alcoholic drinks:
- Zero Mojito: Fresh mint, lime, simple syrup, Sprite
- Strawberries on Fire: Fresh strawberries, lime juice, agave syrup, jalapeño, soda
The new beverage menu offerings will be available aboard all ships by fall 2018.
Currently, Princess Cruises is offering their Sip and Sail promotion, offering complimentary beverages for balcony, mini-suite and suite bookings. More information is here at Princess Cruises Sip and Sail.
Sip and Sail offer runs through 11:59 p.m. PDT on September 5, 2018 and is available to residents of United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico and Bermuda who are 21 years of age or older.
I’m the editor and creator of CruiseMaven.com, a solo traveler cruising the world on waves and wheels. I hope my articles and photos entertain, advise and inspire you to travel the world without flying. Take a breath… stop for a meal and a glass of wine along the way.