If you’re looking for something more than a typical 7-night Caribbean cruise, Holland America created Legendary Voyages.
Exciting new cruises that range from 25-59 days will travel the world and some of these unique voyages have U.S. departures or round-trip from U.S. ports.
Holland America Introduces New Legendary Voyages
To commemorate Holland America’s historic 150th Anniversary in 2023, the cruise line introduced their extended Legendary Voyages. These longer cruises, from 25 to 59 days, combine the ceremony of Holland America Line’s Grand Voyages with an array of ports to enrich the experience of each destination.
Most of Holland America Line’s Legendary Voyages sail roundtrip or to or from a North American homeport. This gives travelers the ability to see the world with a convenient domestic flight and easy embarkation.
The itineraries are offered on a variety of the line’s perfectly sized ships with voyages to Australia and New Zealand, the Amazon and South America, South Pacific and Hawaii, Greenland and Iceland, Asia, Alaska and the Arctic Circle.
RELATED: What to Pack for an Alaska Cruise
“As the leader in long itineraries, Holland America Line is excited to continue to connect our deployment and onboard programming to further enrich the guest experience,” said Kacy Cole, vice president of marketing and e-commerce, Holland America Line. “The destination-rich itineraries found on Legendary Voyages are carefully crafted to allow guests to linger longer and enjoy the journey as well as the destination. With many departures from North America, this creates yet another way for our guests to see the world from their doorstep.”
Highlights of Legendary Voyages:
Three Legendary Voyages are NEW itineraries for Holland America Line:
- The previously announced 28-day “Arctic Circle Solstice” that heads north to the Arctic Circle and features 11 calls in Alaska, including lesser-visited ports like Nome and Homer on June 9, 2024.
- 53-day “Majestic Japan” with 21 total ports, 13 calls throughout Japan and overnights at Yokohama (Tokyo) and Kobe.
- 28-Day “Coral Triangle, Volcanoes and The Great Barrier Reef” that explores 10 ports in five countries, with scenic cruising in the famed Great Barrier Reef, Torres Strait, and past the Kumba and Krakatau volcanoes.
Destination-rich itineraries focus on a singular region, visiting some of the most unique ports while offering guests an in-depth exploration. Guests will enjoy the “best of” Grand Voyages’ on-board programming to further enhance each Legendary Voyage. Shipboard programming is specially curated to share insights into the history and culture of the destinations visited.
Guests have more time in port to experience the nightlife with overnight stays in marquee ports including Anchorage, Alaska; Hobart, Tasmania; Honolulu, Hawaii; Manaus, Brazil; Moorea, French Polynesia; Papeete, Tahiti; Reykjavík, Iceland; and Yokohama (Tokyo) and Kobe, Japan.
Holland America Line’s Legendary Voyages:
- 56-Day or 51-day “Tales of the South Pacific” departing Sept. 27 or Oct. 2, 2023, respectively, aboard Volendam. The 56-day is from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, to San Diego, California; the 51-day is roundtrip from San Diego.
- 34-Day “South Pacific Crossing” departing Oct. 8, 2023, aboard Noordam. From San Diego to Sydney, Australia.
- 28-Day “Amazon Explorer” departing Feb. 17, 2024, aboard Zaandam. Roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- 35-Day “Hawaii, Tahiti and Marquesas” departing Feb. 17, 2024, aboard Koningsdam. Roundtrip from San Diego.
- 25-Day “South Pacific Crossing” departing April 6, 2024, aboard Noordam. From Sydney to Vancouver.
- 28-Day “Arctic Circle Solstice” departing June 9, 2024, aboard Westerdam. Roundtrip from Seattle, Washington.
- 35-Day “Voyage of the Vikings” departing July 20, 2024, aboard Zuiderdam. Roundtrip from Boston, Massachusetts.
- 53- or 52-Day “Majestic Japan” departing Sept. 1 or 2, 2024, aboard Westerdam. The 53-day is roundtrip from Seattle; the 52-day is Vancouver to Seattle.
- 56- or 51-Day “Tales of the South Pacific” departing Sept. 25 or 30, 2024, aboard Zaandam. The 56-day is from Vancouver to San Diego; the 51-day is roundtrip from San Diego.
- 35-Day “Australia Circumnavigation” departing Nov. 17, 2024, aboard Westerdam. Roundtrip from Sydney.
- 28-Day “Coral Triangle, Volcanoes and The Great Barrier Reef” departing Jan. 5, 2025, aboard Noordam. Roundtrip from Singapore.
- 27-Day “Amazon Explorer” departing Feb. 8, 2025, aboard Zaandam. Roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale.
- 35-Day “Hawaii, Tahiti and Marquesas” departing Feb. 15, 2025, aboard Koningsdam. Roundtrip from San Diego.
- 29-Day “South Pacific Crossing” departing March 30, 2025, aboard Westerdam. From Sydney to Vancouver.
Have It All Early Booking Bonus
For a limited time, when you book a Legendary Voyage with the Have It All premium package, the standard package amenities of $300 shore excursion credit, three nights’ specialty dining, a Signature Beverage Package and Surf Wi-Fi are included.
Plus, there’s the added perk of free prepaid Crew Appreciation (gratuities), free upgrades to the Elite Beverage Package and Premium Wi-Fi. Legendary Voyages can also be combined with other promotional fares and values.
I’m the editor and creator of CruiseMaven.com, a solo traveler cruising the world on waves and wheels, collecting recipes along the way. I hope my articles and photos entertain, advise and inspire you to travel the world without flying. Take a breath…stop for a local meal and a glass of wine along the way.