The MSC Cruises world cruise for 2020 was just announced, setting sail in 2020 on board MSC Magnifica. Reservations begin November 23. It’s a 116-night sailing, calling at unique destinations including Peru, Papua New Guinea, Bali and India.
The 2020 MSC World Cruise features an itinerary that includes more exotic, bucket-list destinations. There will be 43 ports of call encompassing 23 countries and four different embarkation ports.
Guests can board the ship in Civitavecchia/Rome, Genoa, Marseille and Barcelona on the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th of January 2020. The Magnifica’s three-month voyage will visit some of the world’s most interesting and popular destinations. Eight destinations will include an overnight stay in port, allowing up to two days to experience the local attractions, cuisine and unique atmosphere.
The 43 ports of call for the 2020 MSC World Cruise include many first-time visits plus exotic destinations. Some of the more intriguing ports include:
- Ushuaia, Argentina – As the most southern city in the world, this Argentinian fishing village offers stunning water scenery with often snow-topped mountains.
- Rapa Nui / Easter Island – This island is famed globally for its unique collection of carved-stone figurines dating back to the 13th century.
- Darwin, Australia – Located at the northern tip of the country, the region allows guest to experience the true Australia – beaches, lagoons, sports and local wildlife, all within close proximity.
- Valparaiso, Chile – This city is famed for its small colored houses on its coastal hills, and guests can get a spectacular view out into the Pacific or explore the city, searching for its photo-worthy murals.
- Mumbai/Bombay, India – The bustling city of Mumbai (previously called Bombay) offers smells, tastes and sights around every corner.
- Salalah, Oman – With multiple waterfalls, exotic lush flora and unusual animals, this stop will be hard to forget.
Sample shore excursions
In Isle of Pines, New Caledonia, guests can visit ‘Turtle Bay’ where participants can swim up-close and personal with two different breeds of turtles.
In Aqaba, Petra, visitors can explore the ancient city of Petra in the middle of the Jordanian desert and traverse the narrow cut-through ravine revealing the famous rose-red rock carved temple.
In Port Kelang, Kuala Lumpur, travelers can reach the peak of one of the world’s most famous (and tallest) skyscrapers at the top of the Kuala Lumpur Tower.
Read about MSC Cruises new onboard safety technology
Guests on the World Cruise will also receive:
- Complimentary Mealtime Restaurant Drinks Package, which includes unlimited wine, mineral water, draft beer, sodas and fruit juices during lunch and dinner in the main dining room and buffet.
- A 30% discount on all laundry services
- More than 90 shows performed in the ship’s Royal Theatre, including 30 Broadway-style shows and a wide range of live music, including acts inspired by the itinerary
- A comprehensive activity schedule with theme evenings, language classes, cultural guest speakers and much more
To reserve your cruise
A special one-month booking window is set up for MSC Voyagers Club members to choose their stateroom. MSC Cruises will also credit triple membership points at the time of booking. MSC Voyagers Club members will also receive 15 complimentary shore excursions.
Guests who are not already an MSC Voyagers Club member, but do have a loyalty card or status from another leading travel reward program, can join the MSC Voyagers Club at a similar or higher level thanks to MSC Status Match.
Leave a Reply