CroisiEurope Canada Cruises on the Saint Lawrence River
CroisiEurope, the largest river cruise company in Europe, announced they’re headed across the pond to Canada in 2019. They’ll offer 10-night cruises to some of the prettiest and exciting cities on this historic river.
The 68-passenger Jacques Cartier has been totally refurbished and all staterooms have either a window or a French balcony. While the primary language spoken onboard is French, just like aboard their river ships in Europe, everything is presented in French and English for English-speaking guests. State of the art onboard amenities include areas for relaxing, contemplation, a massage room and sauna. There are also three hot tubs on the decks.
On the 10-day Saint Lawrence River cruise, CroisiEurope guests will visit some of Canada’s earliest European settlements and cruise through the Thousand Islands and then the roaring Niagara Falls on the Canadian side.
Your CroisiEurope Canada cruise from Quebec to Toronto aboard the MS Jacques Cartier will also visit Trois-Rivières, Montreal, Ottawa, The Thousand Islands, Prince Edward County and Kingston, Niagara-on-the-Lake, the CN Tower in Toronto and an authentic sugar shack on a maple farm.
If you’ve never cruised the Saint Lawrence River, you will be surprised at times at how wide this river can be – up to seven miles across. The view along the river varies in extremes, from farmland and narrow rocky shorelines to the iconic skylines of Quebec City and Montreal.
Some of the highlights include:
- Cruise the Saint Lawrence River, through the beautiful Thousand Islands and then onto Lake Ontario
- Visit historical centers of Quebec, Montreal, Toronto and Kingston
- Sample local wine and regional delicacies including maple products in Trois-Rivières, smoked meats in Montreal, Prince Edward County’s cheddar cheese and beer trail
- Get acquainted with Canadian history, from the first settlements to the present day, especially in Quebec City
- Explore the wilderness that surrounds Niagara Falls
Read next: Six cruise ports in Canada worth a visit
CroisiEurope Canada cruises depart in 2019 from June through October. Included in the fare on each 10-day cruise are all meals, some drinks, shore excursions and port fees. Departure dates are June 16 and 25; July 4 and 13; August 31; September 9, 18 and 27; October 6 and 15.