Carnival Cruise Line just announced a $200 million dollar stem-to-stern Carnival Triumph refurbishment in 2019. Once complete, there’ll be a renaming ceremony when Carnival Triumph becomes Carnival Sunrise. Following the makeover, Carnival Sunrise will feature nearly all of Carnival’s iconic food, beverage and entertainment venues. Even the staterooms will be updated in new tropical colors.
See next: Here’s the recipe for Guy’s Straight Up Burger with Pig Patty
The two-month-long refurbishment will take place in Cadiz, Spain starting on March 1 and wrapping up at then end of April 2019.
Carnival Sunrise staterooms
The redesign of two luxurious Captain’s Suites near the navigational bridge featuring floor-to-ceiling windows and extended balcony grand suites. All of the ship’s staterooms will be updated to offer island-themed interiors with bright colors and soothing pastels inspired by the line’s Caribbean itineraries.
Other new features include:
- Cucina del Capitano: offering delicious Italian favorites and new Carnival classics served family-style in an engaging atmosphere reminiscent of a cozy Italian home.
- JavaBlue Café: this expanded version of the line’s popular coffee bars will offer lattes, cappuccinos and other caffeinated favorites, as well as “spiked” coffees made with liqueurs, and decadent confections.
- Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse: a classic American steakhouse offering mouth-watering steaks, gourmet appetizers, entrees and desserts, with impeccable service and understated ambiance.
- Bonsai Express: the success of the full-service Bonsai Sushi restaurants has spawned this casual spot, featuring a mouth-watering array of sushi, sashimi, rolls and more.
- The Chef’s Table: a new multi-course dining experience hosted in a special glass-enclosed venue in the forward dining room.
- Cherry on Top: The “sweetest spot on board,” an expanded Cherry on Top features bulk candy, fanciful gifts, custom apparel and a Carnival Adventures shop.
- Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse: a casual open-air eatery featuring “real deal” BBQ favorites created by Food Network star Guy Fieri.
- Lido Marketplace: A casual poolside eatery boasting favorites like Seafood Shack offering lobster rolls and other New England-inspired fare; The Deli with sandwiches and paninis; Pizzeria del Capitano serving hand-tossed artisanal-style pies free of charge 24/7, and an expanded Swirls venue with complimentary ice cream and frozen yogurt.
BARS AND LOUNGES
- RedFrog Pub: Featuring the Caribbean’s best rums and beers – including Carnival’s own ThirstyFrog Red – enjoyed in a distinct British-West-Indies-meets-Key-West atmosphere.
- Piano Bar 88: A new twist on Carnival’s popular piano bar concept that amps up the excitement with themed nights, engaging new décor and spontaneous sing-along fun.
- Limelight Lounge: Home to the Punchliner Comedy Club featuring a hilarious line-up of comics which later transforms into a sizzling night club where guests can dance the night away.
- New Multi-Purpose Liquid Lounge: an expansive theater that’s home to captivating daytime and nighttime entertainment, including the line’s high-tech Playlist Productions revues and audience participation favorite Hasbro, The Game Show.
- SportSquare: A suspended ropes course offering heart-racing views to the sea 150 feet below, basketball court, jogging track, ping pong, foosball, pool tables, and a nine-hole miniature golf course highlight this open-area recreation complex.
- WaterWorks: Featuring a 203-foot-long AquaTunnel slide and Carnival’s signature 212-foot-long Twister slide along with a 75-gallon PowerDrencher tipping bucket and kiddie area.
- Serenity Adult Only Retreat: An adult only oasis offering plush chaise lounges, whirlpools and oversized umbrellas, enhanced by dramatic sea views.
CLOUD 9 SPA, KIDS’ SPACES AND SHOPPING
Expanded Cloud 9 Spa and More
- Cloud 9 Spa: Designed as the ultimate refuge for rest and relaxation, the health and wellness center offers an elaborate thermal suite, private treatment rooms, and the latest cardio and weight-training equipment.
- Modern, Spacious Facilities for Kids and Teens: including a new Camp Ocean, a colorful marine-inspired play area designed for kids ages 2-11, along with new spaces for Circle “C” aimed at 12- to 14-year olds and Club O2 geared to those 15-17.
- The Warehouse: promising fun for all ages with a variety of the latest video and arcade games.
- Expanded Retail Spaces: a mall-style shopping area lined with retail outlets offering fine jewelry, watches, fragrances, and more along with the line’s own branded spaces like Hip Fish and The Carnival Store.`
Carnival Sunrise cruises from Norfolk
Carnival Sunrise cruises from Norfolk begins with a seven-day cruise to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport departing April 29, 2019. Two five-day voyages depart May 12 and 17, 2019 calling at Nassau and Freeport. Three six-day cruises depart May 6, and Oct. 14 and 20, 2019, visiting Half Moon Cay, Nassau and Freeport.
Cruises from New York
Carnival Sunrise will then reposition to New York for four- to 14-day voyages beginning May 23, 2019. A series of Bermuda cruises, will be followed by fall foliage cruises to New England and the Canadian Maritimes. Several longer voyages include a 10-day exotic eastern Caribbean itinerary and a 14-day Carnival Journeys Panama Canal cruise.
Cruises from Fort Lauderdale
By October, Carnival Sunrise heads south for the winter season with cruises from Fort Lauderdale. Itineraries include four- and five-day cruises beginning Oct. 28, 2019.
Reservations for Carnival Sunrise are now available
I’m the editor and creator of CruiseMaven.com, a solo traveler cruising the world on waves and wheels, collecting recipes along the way. I hope my articles and photos entertain, advise and inspire you to travel the world without flying. Take a breath…stop for a local meal and a glass of wine along the way.
Leave a Reply