Amtrak just announced their USA Rail Pass sale and it’s nearly half-price.
Through Jan. 20, the Amtrak USA Rail Pass Sale price is only $299 USD. This is a savings of $200 off the regular price.
With the Amtrak USA Rail Pass, you have the choice to see the country and explore sights at over 500 destinations and use up to 10 travel segments over a 30-day period for less than $30 per ride.
Amtrak USA Rail Pass Sale Details
- The USA Rail Pass is available for travel in Coach class. You’ll have a reclining seat with a large picture window, plenty of legroom. Best of all, there’s no middle seat.
- Amtrak Guest Rewards members will earn two points per dollar spent on each USA Rail Pass following travel on the first segment.
How Does the Rail Pass Sale Work?
- Purchase the USA Rail Pass on Amtrak.com or on the Amtrak app between Jan. 10 – 20 and create your travel itinerary.
- Use the pass within 120 days of purchase (30 days after first segment is traveled). The pass is valid for 10 rides (segments).
- You can also use the Amtrak app to access tickets, check train status and get boarding information prior to departure.
What is a USA Rail Pass Travel Segment?
A USA Rail Pass travel segment happens when you board and then disembark from one of Amtrak’s scheduled services. If the trip involves making a connection, this will use up two segments of the pass.
With an Amtrak USA Rail Pass, you cannot purchase upgrades to Business Class or a private room accommodations. There are additional restrictions, terms and conditions. Learn more at Amtrak.com/USARailPass.
Jump start the new year with a cross country train adventure. Hop from town-to-town, or just spend a few extended weekends away from home.
Whether you’re looking for new destinations to explore or just want to visit friends in a nearby city, the Amtrak USA Rail Pass makes it easy to plan and use this year’s vacation days for more getaways.
I’m the editor and creator of CruiseMaven.com, a solo traveler cruising the world on waves and wheels, collecting recipes along the way. I hope my articles and photos entertain, advise and inspire you to travel the world without flying. Take a breath…stop for a local meal and a glass of wine along the way.