Today Oceania Cruises, the world’s leading culinary- and destination-focused cruise line, unveiled its 2023 Around The World in 180 Days voyage which opens for public sale on January 27th.
Oceania Around the World Cruise Details
Departing San Francisco on January 15, 2023, the 684-guest Insignia will voyage to 96 fascinating destinations in 33 countries across four continents. Part of the immersive journey will include multi-overnight stays in 20 ports of call. From the continents of South America to Africa and Asia and North America’s incredible Alaska, Insignia will spend three days cruising the bays of Antarctica.
“We now know how irreplaceable these experiences are and cherish the privilege of travel more than ever,” stated Bob Binder, President and Chief Executive Officer of Oceania Cruises. “Travel connects us through shared experiences, creates lifelong bonds, and enriches us in ways we never would have imagined. That was the mindset that guided us in crafting this epic around the world voyage for our guests.”
This 180-day cruise features port calls to visit 60 UNESCO World Heritage sites.
READ NEXT: What to do in Cartagena, Colombia
Oceania Special Events on the World Cruise
Guests on full world voyage will have exclusive participation in five included shoreside events.
- An Argentinian Cultural Exposition in Buenos Aires with an equestrian show and tango lessons, fine food and wine, capped off by a grand display of music and dance.
- In Capetown, an afternoon at the renowned Boschendal Winery with a stop at a farmer’s market.
- An evening at Al Maha Desert Dune in the Arabian Desert near Dubai for a Bedouin experience featuring tribal music and dance, a private falcon show and an amazing dinner under the stars.
- A Burmese Monk Donation Ceremony in Yangon, Myanmar. Experience one of the most sacred rituals of Buddhism – the Donation Ceremony, where Oceania will make a special contribution in support of more than 200 robed monks.
- A candlelit evening at Vung Duc Cave in the UNESCO World Heritage site of Ha Long Bay outside of Hanoi.
World Cruise Highlights
- Continents visited: 4
- Countries visited: 33
- Time zones crossed: 24
- Islands visited: 27
- Ports visited: 96
- UNESCO World Heritage sites accessible: 61
- Overnight stays (including two-night stays): 20
- Oceans cruised: 3
- Seas cruised: 14
- Number of times equator crossed: 4
- Largest population: Tokyo, Japan
- Smallest population: Puerto Chacabuco, Chile
All guests on the Around the World in 180 Days voyage can choose either 64 FREE shore excursions, or a FREE beverage package, or a FREE $6,400 shipboard credit.
All guests will receive Oceania Cruises’ Exclusive Prestige Package which includes:
- Free first-class roundtrip airfare from more than two dozen select North American air gateways
- Free pre-paid gratuities – a value up to $8,200
- Free onboard medical care
- Free unlimited internet
- Free laundry services
- Free exclusive shoreside events
- Free visa package
- Free luggage delivery for guests from the U.S. and Canada
- Free 1-night pre-cruise luxury hotel stay in the port of embarkation
- Free roundtrip transfers for all guests and for residents within 50 miles from the cruise departure port
Cruise Even Longer than 180 Days
For guests who wish to extend their travels, Oceania Cruises offers travelers the ability to extend their Around The World experience up to a total of 218 days.
January 15, 2023 – 180 Days – San Francisco to San Francisco
January 15, 2023 – 200 Days – San Francisco to New York
December 28, 2022 – 198 Days – Miami to San Francisco
December 28, 2022 – 214 Days – Miami to Miami
December 28, 2022 – 218 Days – Miami to New York
From the looks of the extra add-on days, the Miami to Miami extension would be super convenient for those in South Florida.
I’m the editor and creator of CruiseMaven.com, a solo traveler cruising the world on waves and wheels, collecting recipes along the way. I hope my articles and photos entertain, advise and inspire you to travel the world without flying. Take a breath…stop for a local meal and a glass of wine along the way.