It’s been years since Hurtigruten’s MS Fram paid a day-visit to Port Canaveral. I was excited for the opportunity to tour this Norwegian ship and stay aboard for a buffet lunch. After all these years, the impression it made on me still lingers, and all in a good way.
It’s only natural that when I received a copy of Hurtigruten’s 2018 North America itineraries that I wanted to share it. If any of these trips fit into your schedule for next year, I highly recommend that you reserve your stateroom asap.
Hurtigruten has voyages venturing to charming small towns like Portland, Maine and Acadia National park plus New York City and Halifax on its Northeast and Atlantic Canada cruises.
A few of the voyages include
- Coastal Gems of America-Northbound
- Sailing almost 1,400 nautical miles along the east coast of North America this cruise covers Miami to Charleston, New York City, Boston, and the charming small towns of Maine and Acadia National Park on a 13-day expedition departing April 10, 2018.
- Navigating the Northeast and Atlantic Canada
- Discover New York City; Newport, Rhode Island; Boston; and Portland, Maine and the rugged beauty of Newfoundland and historic Louisbourg on this this 16-day roundtrip cruise along the North American eastern seaboard on April 15, 2018.
- Coastal Journey of Down East Maine and Acadia
- New York City; Newport, Rhode Island; Boston; and Halifax will be the destinations to explore on this 8-day expedition, in addition to Maine’s magnificent coast, its charming small towns and stunning Acadia National Park. (available April 15, 2018)
- Exploring from the Canadian Maritimes to the Big Apple
- 9-Days will give you just the right amount of time to discover the beautiful Newfoundland and historic Nova Scotia; charming Portland, Maine; and the city that never sleeps, New York City. (available April 22, 2018)
- Gulf of St. Lawrence and Bays of Eastern Canada.
- Discover Mingan Archipelago National Park, Gros Morne National Park, Bonne Bay, and the Prince Edward and Bonaventure Islands as you explore the rugged coastline and spectacular landscapes of Newfoundland from vibrant New York City on this 11-day expedition cruise. (available April 30, 2018)
These east coast itineraries will be available to book from now until November 30 and to top it all off, Hurtigruten is offering onboard credit to each voyager with each booking.
One of my readers just returned from a 12-day Arctic Circle cruise aboard the MS Richard With and said that I’d better put that itinerary on my bucket list. So now in addition to one of these North American cruises, I have to add Arctic Circle, too. The list just keeps growing!
I’m the editor and creator of CruiseMaven.com, a solo traveler cruising the world on waves and wheels, collecting recipes along the way. I hope my articles and photos entertain, advise and inspire you to travel the world without flying. Take a breath…stop for a local meal and a glass of wine along the way.