Harvest Caye, Norwegian Cruise Line’s private destination in Belize is ready for guests.
It’s official! Today marks the long-awaited opening of Norwegian Cruise Line’s newest destination in the Caribbean, Harvest Caye. Located in Southern Belize, it’s billed by the cruise line as the “Caribbean’s premier resort-style destination.” That’s a pretty accurate description.
Created as part of the cruise line’s Norwegian Edge $400 million investment, Harvest Caye is the only port in Belize with a cruise ship pier and marina where guests can walk off the ship and into a complete, fully contained, 75-acre recreation and entertainment complex.
Five Norwegian Cruise Line ships will call at Harvest Caye. This includes the Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Dawn, Norwegian Pearl and Norwegian Jade.
What’s there to do at Harvest Caye?
• Expansive 15,000 square foot pool featuring a swim-up bar with stools and lounge tables in the water and 15 plush pool cabanas available for rent
• 130 foot tall Flighthouse featuring a 3,000 foot zip line, suspension bridges, free fall jumps and a ropes course
• Seven-acre beach with 11 private villas that accommodate up to 10 guests each and equipped with air conditioning, dedicated lounge and dining areas, private restroom, indoor/outdoor showers, hammocks and more
• Five à la carte dining and bar venues featuring a variety of cuisines including LandShark Bar & Grill by Margaritaville®
• Wildlife conservation led by chief naturalist, Tony Garel. Exhibits include a Butterfl y Garden, Aviary, Educational Center and Macaw Breeding
• Shopping village featuring popular name-brand retailers and local Belizean crafts.
Activites and Excursions at Harvest Caye
- Lagoon Wildlife & Mangrove Estuaries: $49
- Mini-Boat Buccaneer: $59
- Parasail: $89
- Private Beach Cabana for 6: $475 (per cabana, not per person)
- Private Canopy Pool Cabana for 2: $199 (per cabana, not per person)
- Stand-Up Paddle Board: $20
- Kayak Rental: $25
- Electric Float Boat Adventure: $40
- Flighthouse Adrenaline Package: $79
- Flighthouse Zipline: $59
- Ocean Explorer Snorkeling Adventure: $59
- Ocean Explorer SEA-TREK: $84
- Reef Ranger Semi-Submarine: $49
Excursions on the Mainland:
- Mayan Ruins & Spice Farm: $109
- Mayan Ruins of Nim Li Punit: $89
- Rainforest River Tubing: $79
- Jungle River Rafting: $79
I’m the editor and creator of CruiseMaven.com, a solo traveler cruising the world on waves and wheels, collecting recipes along the way. I hope my articles and photos entertain, advise and inspire you to travel the world without flying. Take a breath…stop for a local meal and a glass of wine along the way.