Summer of 2020 for Cunard cruises looks very promising with new ports, additional transatlantic crossings and even new itineraries for Japan are added. Queen Mary 2 cruises across the Atlantic will total 19 crossings from April to December. All three ships will have new cruises to choose in 2020.
New voyages will include visits to the Norwegian Fjords, Japan and Australia. A total of eight maiden calls will include Bornholm, Denmark; Nordfjordeid, Norway; Ringaskiddy, Ireland; Jakarta, Indonesia. Three new ports in Japan are Kurhiro, Ishigaki and Tokyo.
Cunard will also offer a selection of two-night calls in major cities including Barcelona, Hong Kong and Québec and late evening departures which allow guests more time in port for deeper exploration in places such as Juneau, Alaska, Aomori, Japan , Malaga, Spain, and Tromsø, Norway.
Cunard will continue many of its classic voyages, including its signature Transatlantic Crossing between New York and London, while adding new itineraries in Western Europe and Southeast Asia. Whether choosing a three-night short break or a 19-night Grand Voyage, Cunard guests will enjoy a blend of iconic, world-class cities and lesser-known, charming destinations.
“2020 represents the most extensive deployment of Cunard ships ever,” said Josh Leibowitz, SVP Cunard North America. “In addition to visiting incredible destinations such as Norway, Japan, and Asia, we are excited to offer guests longer time in port to enjoy these iconic destinations. Nearly 90% of all port calls on voyages in Summer 2020 are in port 10 hours or longer.”
Queen Mary 2
Queen Mary 2 is still the only ship to offer regularly-scheduled service between New York and London, with 19 seven- to eight-night transatlantic crossings from April through December in 2020. Cruises range from seven to 21 nights and include port calls in Canada, Iceland, Scotland and LeHavre, France. Overnight port calls in Québec and Reykjavik and evening departures in Boston andHalifax. Queen Mary 2 will also offer two Norwegian Fjords cruises that range from seven to 25 nights and five Western European voyages from three to five nights.
Queen Mary 2 voyage highlights include:
- Nine 14- to 15-night Transatlantic Crossings roundtrip from either New York or London
- Two 21-night sailings with calls to Canada, Iceland and Scotland – one sailing roundtrip from New York, the other roundtrip from London
- Fourth of July seven-night Independence Day cruise roundtrip from New York
- Four seven-night voyages between New York and Québec
- Eight 14-night New England & Canada voyages which begin and end in ports of New York, Québec, Southampton or Le Havre
Read next: What to Expect on a Queen Mary 2 Transatlantic Crossing
Beginning in September, Queen Elizabeth embarks on three roundtrip voyages from Tokyo as well as Grand Voyages that cover the North Pacific, East Asia and Australia. These can be taken as shorter segment voyages from two to 18-nights, or combined for up to 40 nights.
Queen Elizabeth highlights include:
- Five Roundtrip Tokyo itineraries with varying lengths and destinations
- Five Southeast Asia voyages, ranging from seven to 23 nights
Queen Victoria will cruise Northern Europe itineraries in addition to seven shorter Western Europe voyages ranging from two to seven nights. Maiden calls with overnight stays include Amsterdam, Barcelona, Reykjavik and St. Petersburg. Evening departures will be from Bodo, Narvik and Tromsø, Norway; Dublin, Ireland; Hamburg, Germany; Malaga, Spain and Rotterdam, Netherlands.
Queen Victoria highlights include:
- Four Baltic voyages, ranging from nine to 16 nights
- Four Norwegian Fjords voyages, ranging from seven to 12 nights
- Three Atlantic Coast/Iberia voyages, ranging from 10 to 12 nights
- Two 12-night Iceland voyages
- Two 12-night North Cape voyages (with a high likelihood of seeing the Northern Lights at Alesund)
- Two Western Mediterranean voyages, ranging from 14 to 17 nights
- A 12-night British Isles voyages
Value Fares and Early Booking Benefits
Guests who book early, by November 30, 2018, will receive:
- Free drinks and gratuities in Princess Grill and Queens Grill Suites
- Up to $1,000 Onboard Credit based on cabin category and voyage length
- Upgrades in select Britannia cabin categories
- Up to 25% off Launch Fares
- 3rd and 4th guests receive up to 50% off the Value Fares double occupancy rates
- Reduced Non-Refundable and Non-Transferable Deposit (12.5% of the cruise fare instead of 25%)
- Cunard Care is available for bookings with Value Fares
Contact Cunard or your travel agent for more details.
I’m the editor and creator of CruiseMaven.com, a solo traveler cruising the world on waves and wheels. I hope my articles and photos entertain, advise and inspire you to travel the world without flying. Take a breath… stop for a meal and a glass of wine along the way.