Cruise the Galapagos in style and comfort
The bow-to-stern Celebrity Xpedition makeover took only seven days to complete in Panama and the upgrades on the 100-passenger mega-yacht can be found ship-wide. Redecorated staterooms, lounges, and restaurants plus technology enhancements are among the makeovers.
Celebrity Xpedition makeover includes:
- Suites and staterooms have new carpeting and balcony features have been upgraded. New Celebrity eXhale luxury bedding is in all staterooms.
- All suite and stateroom doors will be outfitted with RFID lock technology for easier guest access to their rooms
- An upgrade to the shipboard IT systems, including the addition of an O3B satellite will improve the speed and reliability of the ship’s full-coverage Wi-Fi, and the adjusted bandwidth will enhance both guest and crew efficiency
- The Beagle Grill has new furniture and lighting for dining under the sun and stars. State-of-the-art culinary equipment has been added to bring the menus crafted by Celebrity’s Michelin-starred chef to life
- In The Discovery Lounge, there’s a new, state-of-the-art video wall plus a new dedicated DJ station
- The Darwin Dining Room receives new lighting, carpet and millwork
- Water filtration system on every deck for guests to enjoy
- Crew area enhancements also received new Celebrity’s eXhaleTM bedding, carpets, and a Dayroom TV to enjoy
What’s ahead for more Celebrity Xpedition upgrades
In June 2019, Celebrity Xpedition receive even more enhancements. When the ship emerges, new features will include enhanced suites services and amenities to coincide with the arrival of the new Celebrity Flora. Adventure gear for Suite guests will offer marine binoculars to use on their cruise, as well as premium backpacks and rain ponchos that they can take back home with them.
Suite guests will also be treated to stateroom attendants who can help with packing and unpacking, full in-suite dinner service, upgraded premium bathrobes, luxurious Kuno bath products from Ecuador, and more.
Cruises to the Galapagos with Celebrity
Celebrity has offered cruises to the Galapagos Islands for over 14 years offering all-inclusive cruise vacation packages from seven- to 16-nights.
To learn more about the brand’s unrivaled offerings, or its industry-leading stewardship and conservation efforts in the region, visit www.celebrity.com/galapagos.
The Celebrity Xpedition returns to service on September 23, 2018.
I’m the editor and creator of CruiseMaven.com, a solo traveler cruising the world on waves and wheels, collecting recipes along the way. I hope my articles and photos entertain, advise and inspire you to travel the world without flying. Take a breath…stop for a local meal and a glass of wine along the way.