Carnival Sunrise cruises from Norfolk debuted last week from Decker Half Moon Cruise Center. This follows an extensive $200 million renovation that added a variety of food, beverage and entertainment innovations as well as stateroom upgrades,
Carnival Sunrise inaugural season will offer four- to 14-day voyages to the Caribbean, Bermuda, Bahamas, the Panama Canal, New England and Canada. The first four cruises Carnival Sunrise cruises are from Norfolk.
“The introduction of Carnival Sunrise brings an incredibly enhanced ship to our guests with all of the popular features from across our fleet,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. “We couldn’t be more proud to introduce Carnival Sunrise in Norfolk.”
What’s new on Carnival Sunrise
Part of a fleetwide $2 billion cruise ship enhancement program, Carnival Sunrise now has some of the cruise line’s most popular features. These include:
- Guy’s Burger Joint
- Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse
- BlueIguana Cantina & Tequila Bar
- RedFrog Rum Bar
Enhancements to these venues include:
- Lido Marketplace
- Java Blue coffee bar
- an expanded ice cream station
- 24-hour Pizzeria del Capitano
Specialty dining and drinks
- The Chef’s Table fine dining experience
- Alchemy Bar
- Italian, sushi and seafood options have been upgraded
Shopping and Spa/Gym
- A Cherry on Top sweet shop
- Pixels photo gallery
- Retail outlets
- Renovated fitness and spa facilities.
- A new water park with slides and a kiddie splash zone
- Serenity adults-only retreat
- SportSquare recreation area with ropes course and mini golf
Kids Programs Enhanced
- Dedicated Camp Ocean
- Circle “C” and Club O2 facilities for supervised children’s ages 2-17
- The Punchliner Comedy Club in the new Limelight Lounge
- Playlist Productions shows in the Liquid Lounge
- Deck parties
- Sing-along piano bar
- Two redesigned Captain’s Suites
- All staterooms have been updated
Starting May 23, Carnival Sunrise will reposition from Norfolk to offer cruises from New York through mid-October with four- to 14-day voyages. An invitation-only naming ceremony will be held on board prior to the May 23 departure. Kelly Arison, daughter of Carnival Corporation Chairman Micky Arison and his wife Madeleine, will be the ship’s godmother.
Read next: Carnival Adds New Cruises to Cuba from Miami
Carnival Sunrise cruises from Norfolk return in October, 2019 with two six-day cruises. Following Norfolk, the ship will reposition to Fort Lauderdale offering four- and five-day cruises that begin Oct. 28.
I’m the editor and creator of CruiseMaven.com, a solo traveler cruising the world on waves and wheels, collecting recipes along the way. I hope my articles and photos entertain, advise and inspire you to travel the world without flying. Take a breath…stop for a local meal and a glass of wine along the way.
Leave a Reply