Viator, the mega online resource for planning destination travel experiences, has launched their new shore excursion website aimed specifically at cruise passengers. With prices up to 60% less than the cruise ship shore excursions and guaranteed ship connections, Viator’s new service is an exciting option for cruisers.
Viator’s new website, shoreexcursions.viator.com, offers over 500 shore excursions in more than 80 of the most popular ports worldwide. This new website capability enables cruise passengers to locate and book shore excursions with savings up to 60% lower than what is offered by the cruise lines. Destinations include Juneau, Monaco and even Mykonos.
The site has been designed for the complex nature of shore excursion bookings and will offer only relevant tours and activities, based on the specific itinerary of the cruise ship, with itineraries available from the world’s leading cruise companies including Carnival Cruises, Costa Cruises, Holland America, MSC Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Princess Cruises and Royal Caribbean.
All passengers need to do is select the cruise line, ship name and departure date, and Viator will instantly load the cruise ship’s itinerary and present only those excursions that can specifically work for each port of call based on arrival and departure times, and availability.
Some examples of the shore excursions that cruisers can book are:
- Easy search and booking, based on cruise ship’s itinerary. Just select a ship’s itinerary from thousands of options, and Viator will instantly sync and reveal only available shore excursions in their ports-of-call that match allowed shore times. For travelers who haven’t chosen their cruise yet, Viator enables searches by region and port as well.
- Unique and more personalized experiences. Small group and private options or skip-the-line privileges, as well as exclusive, customizable tours led by Viator Private Guides let cruise travelers bypass large throngs of their shipmates and enjoy more private and customized experiences.
- Multiple unique itineraries for a single group. Perhaps your parents would like a different experience than scuba diving – no problem. You can now create and book multiple itineraries for each member of your group – adults, kids, etc. – tailored to their interests in one transaction.
- Viator’s Worry-Free bookings. Worried about missing your ship if you don’t book your excursion directly with the cruise line? Don’t be. If a passenger misses the ship because of a Viator excursion, Viator will transport them to the next port of call at no cost to the traveler.
- Guaranteed best prices in multiple currencies. In addition to savings up to 60% off, all shore excursions qualify for Viator’s low price guarantee. If you find a lower price, Viator will refund the difference. All tours can be booked in AUD, CAD, USD, GBP, and EUR.
- Last minute availability. Whether from a suite using an iPad or a mobile phone call to Viator’s call center, many of Viator’s excursions are available for purchase as late as the night before arrival in port.
- Unbiased cruise traveler reviews, photos and star ratings. Browse hundreds of cruise traveler reviews and photos from actual Viator users that provide valuable first-person insights like this one from Bo, October 2011, regarding the Civitavecchia Rome in One Day Private Tour, “People on our cruise couldn’t believe all that we were able to do and see. Don’t miss this tour!”
“The new Viator Shore Excursion platform builds on the increasing popularity of independent shore excursion bookings on Viator.com. We’ve taken our great inventory and added innovative technology to create the new user experience and give cruise passengers direct access to the best excursions in their ports of call to help them make the most of their time and money in every port,” said Ms. Barrie Seidenberg, CEO and president of Viator, Inc. “For far too long cruise passengers have been beholden to the cruise lines for shore excursions that are often overpriced, over crowded and represent only a fraction of what’s available locally.”
Book your shore excursion by April 30, 2012 using the new Viator website and receive a 10% discount. Enter the code SHOREX10 at checkout for this added discount.
Source and photos: Viator, Inc.