For over 25 years I've traveled the world without flying. It's only ocean cruise ships, river ships and trains. I’ve visited some of the most amazing destinations, tasted local cuisine and discovered new traditions and cultures.
I hope to inspire you to travel the world without flying and introduce you to the people, places and traditions I've discovered along the way. Travel slow, travel far, always have a fabulous meal and a glass of wine along the way!
Plan Your Cruise
- 11 Easy Tips to Find the Best Cruise DealsWith 30 million passengers expected to cruise by the end of 2019, I sometimes wonder if all these cruisers […]
- Seven Best Apps for Amtrak Train TripsRiding Amtrak across the country is the perfect time to put that phone away. But I’ve discovered a few fun, […]
- 10 Best Tips For Your First Transatlantic Cruise“It’s not really the middle of nowhere.” That’s what I find myself saying whenever someone declares, “I’d […]
- Cruising Solo: What the Cruise Lines Don’t Want You to KnowI’ve been a solo cruiser for a very long time and almost always by choice. Maybe once or twice, I […]
Get On Board!
SUBSCRIBE TO MY FREE CRUISE MAVEN NEWSLETTER FOR CRUISE REVIEWS, CRUISE TIPS, PORT GUIDES AND MORE!
- Holland America Maasdam Ship Review 2019The expression, “What’s old is new again” popped into my [Read More]
- Christmas Markets River Cruise Photos with AmaWaterwaysI really had no interest in trying a Christmas Markets river cruise in [Read More]
- Sitka Alaska Cruise Port Information & City GuideIf you’re expecting tiny Sitka to be another Alaska cruise port [Read More]
- Cruise the Alaska Marine Highway – Alaska’s Best-Kept SecretYou may not have heard of the Alaska Marine Highway System, but everyone [Read More]
- Parking at Amtrak Stations Across the Country
- Royal Caribbean Sends Three Ships to Alaska in 2021
- Carnival Cruise Line Says Bon Voyage to Coca-Cola and Hello Pepsi
- MSC Delays Opening of Ocean Cay Reserve…Again
- 11 Easy Tips to Find the Best Cruise Deals
- Brightline Extends Trains from PortMiami to Orlando