The Splendor of the Seas, built for Royal Caribbean in 1996, is undergoing a major revitalization before she heads back for another season in South America.
Here are some of the enhancements to bring the Splendor into the 21st century:
- More than 100 balconies will be added to Splendor of the Seas, along with more inside and oceanview staterooms. Existing staterooms will boast flat-screen televisions, plus enhancements to bathrooms and other upgrades. Public areas including the atrium, pool deck and Shops Onboard will also be revitalized.
- Watch first-run movies and big time sporting events poolside, under the stars. A screen hoisted above the main pool area will showcase all the larger-than-life action.
- Park Café – Grab a bite to eat at this delicious deli offering made-to-order salads, paninis and freshly prepared sandwiches, as well as a selection of gourmet pastries and coffee. The Park Café will be a tasty addition to ship’s relaxing, adults-only Solarium area.
- Izumi – The traditional Asian dishes at Izumi will impress you with their pure, delicate flavors, freshness of ingredients and impeccable presentation. Diners can choose from popular sushi rolls, sashimi, our Hot Rock (Ishiyaki) Plates, sukiyaki and more.
- The Boardwalk Dog House – Stop by this outdoor hotdog specialty counter and choose from traditional hot dogs, brats, sausages and other delicious linked meats, plus a variety of toppings to split a long bun.
I’m the editor and creator of CruiseMaven.com, a solo traveler cruising the world on waves and wheels, collecting recipes along the way. I hope my articles and photos entertain, advise and inspire you to travel the world without flying. Take a breath…stop for a local meal and a glass of wine along the way.