Celebrity Cruises. Not quite upper premium and certainly not a mass market cruise line. They have their own niche which caters to a wide range of passengers who appreciate what a large cruise ship can offer, but still want a touch of elegance. Celebrity Cruise passengers expect a certain higher level of service, cuisine and spacious cabins more so than on other ships of the same size and popularity. When it comes to catering to guests who only reserve a suite, Celebrity Cruises really knows how to turn up the volume. Celebrity Cruises’ suite guests are privy to a wide array of luxury amenities, including professionally-trained butlers on call 24/7. Included in this luxe makeover is Celebrity Cruises own “bedding program” with premium mattresses, 100% Egyptian cotton linens and fluffy duvets and a selection of pillows. Top of the line bath products by BVLGARI, dual iPod/iPad docking stations, reserved theatre seating and a premium welcome bottle of sparkling wine are also on the list.
“Expanding our already broad slate of suite amenities is yet another outgrowth of Celebrity’s deep understanding of how rare and meaningful vacation time is for our guests, so we’re laser-focused on offering the absolute best ways for them to escape from their everyday routine and feel totally relaxed and re-energized,” said Celebrity’s Senior VP of Hotel Operations Lisa Lutoff-Perlo. “Vacationers investing in suites expect — and deserve — a luxurious experience with a generous host of premium services and amenities, which we’ve always been devoted to delivering. And now, we’re thrilled to enhance their experience even further, with additional amenities that match their lifestyle and reflect our modern luxury ambience.”
The added luxuries of suite life aboard a Celebrity Cruise ship can truly enhance the cruise experience. Your butler can help unpack and pack your luggage and even arrange shore excursions, specialty dining and spa treatments.
Additional services and amenities include priority boarding and debarkation, priority boarding of tenders ashore, one complimentary dinner for two (on 7-night itineraries) or two dinners for two (on 8-night or longer sailings) in one of Celebrity’s specialty restaurants, priority selection of dining time, spacious verandas, designer showerheads, use of plush Frette bathrobes, oversized 100% cotton bath towels, a pillow menu, fresh cut flowers, daily fresh fruit platter, and a complimentary tote bag.
“We continue to hear from guests who’ve sailed with the leading all-inclusive luxury lines that Celebrity’s suite experience is just as spectacular, and represents an even better value,” said Lutoff-Perlo. “And just wait until you see the suites we’re introducing on Celebrity Reflection!”
When Celebrity Cruises’ newest ship, the Celebrity Reflection debuts in October this year, there will be even more amenities added to each particular suite category. Among the new enhancements will be:
- Celebrity’s expansive, two-bedroom, 1,636-square-foot “Reflection Suite” with 194-square-foot wraparound veranda. Announced last month at the cruise industry’s annual conference amid oohs and ahhs will be a fully glass-enclosed — including glass floor and ceiling — shower room extending out over the edge of the ship. Stepping into this industry-first shower room, you’ll have a 360-degree ocean views, a rain showerhead and heated bench seat. But don’t panic – it’s one way glass and no one can see who’s getting clean. At night, the glass gets fogged so even with lights on in the bathroom, if you happen to be in port, no one outside can see in. Nor can the officers on the overhead bridge that overlooks the extended shower room!
- The Reflection Suite also will feature 10-foot-high floor-to-ceiling windows and sliding door, and include a grand piano, dining room table, wet bar, and choice of a complimentary bottle of vodka, scotch or gin with accompanying mixers, all in addition to Celebrity’s existing slate of suite amenities.
- Celebrity’s new 441-square-foot “Signature Suites” debuting on Celebrity Reflection also will boast stunning views of land and sea via 10-foot-high floor-to-ceiling windows and sliding door leading to a 118-square-foot veranda, and will complement the host of previous and new fleetwide suite amenities with a whirlpool on the private veranda, which is also associated with the “Celebrity Suite” category across the fleet.
- If someone is craving a spa vacation, Celebrity has the answer. Guests vacationing in Celebrity’s new “AquaClass Suites” can enjoy the additional services of a personal Spa Concierge to arrange AquaSpa treatments; exclusive access to the Mediterranean-themed specialty restaurant, “Blu”, along with AquaClass stateroom guests; complimentary access to the Persian Garden andRelaxation Room; five-head Hansgrohe shower tower; fog-free bathroom mirrors; custom-blended bath products; aromatherapy diffuser, and on-demand wellness programming on the in-stateroom network, including meditation and yoga.
Photo credit: Sherry Laskin
- Celebrity Cruises sends record six ships to Europe in 2013 (cruisemaven.com)
- Celebrity Cruise to air “live” broadcast of Olympic games while cruising Europe (cruisemaven.com)
- Celebrity Cruises “Solstisizes” another ship – What’s that all about? (cruisemaven.com)